Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sorta Fairytale: Chapter 1.3

"Welcome, one and all to the Full Moon Summer Ball."  The King's voice boomed to every Dragon Valley citizen that passed through his glorious doors.


Cynthia's stepmother located Prince Crosby with lightning fast precision.   "Greetings, your Majesty, may I present my beautiful, unwed daughters."




"Still unwed, huh?  That's a shocker.  Surely, noble suitors from across the realm have called upon these two.  Truth be told, I heard tales of their beauty across the seas."

"You are too kind, you Majesty."

"Well...."  Someone caught Crosby's eye.  It was her.  "Will you excuse me ladies?"


He spoke first.  "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Crosby."

"Y-y-y-you're the prince?"  She couldn't believe it.  Can we say "dream come true?"

"Yeah, I suppose I should have stated that when we first met."


"Well, that would've got your foot in the door."


"I'm glad I met you, your Majesty, but I must get back home.  I was part of the set-up.  Enjoy my cooking, your grace."  And she left.  Crosby was beside himself.


Yoaka whisked him to Cynthia's house- before anymore damage could be done.




Yoaka demanded, "Play.  Play your song and the doors will open."  Crosby played his heart out.  He played the softest song he knew, a song full of the promise and pain of young love.  He didn't want to part with this girl.  The doors opened.


Crosby found his beauty mopping and singing about how beautiful the ball had been.


As he approached, he felt his heart might explode.


"Hello, Cynthia."

"What are you doing here Crosby?  I refuse to be part of your plan.  I wish too marry for love, not for the realm."

"Damn the realm."


"Damn the realm."  Crosby's words were cold, for the benefit of Cynthia.

"What did you say?"

"I said I love you.  Be with me."

He had her at "damn the realm.  "But I am not the princess type."



"That's where your Fairy guardian comes in."  Yoaka fluttered in with a deft grace.


"What can you do?"

"Well, for one thing, I can give you a make over."

"Oh, will you?"

"I don't know..."

"Are you sure you want to save the realm, and marry my kid brother?"


"Oh yes!"

"Now let's see, what were those words?  Bibbity babbity bop."


"Um..."


"Whoa..., is that reversable?"


"Yoaka, I still love this girl, but I can't present her like this to father."

"Bibbity boppity boo!"


"Is this better your grace?"


"Absolutely."


"What is the meaning of this?"  Her stepsister's venom poisoned the mood.


 Yoaka, took control, "I've got this."







"I knew it.  from the moment I saw you, that it would be a lifelong thing."














The other stepsister had sparks flying with a new beau.


Yoaka waits.  The next hair will love someone different.  Something that lurks in the night.




She waits.


"I love you Cynthia."

"I love you Crosby."



No comments:

Post a Comment