Friday, June 7, 2013

Sorta Fairytale: Chapter 1

...I was talking to you...I knew then it would be a life-long thing...


Cynthia went to the local festival to sell her fresh fruits and vegetables.  This is mundane, servant work to most people of Dragon Valley; Cynthia is not most people.  This mundance Sunday work was her escape from the home she once loved as a young girl.  Any time she was asked to leave the house to work, she was already out the door.  Today was different.  The townsfolk weren't just buzzing about hum-drum gossip- they were discussing the important business of who Prince Crosby Charming was to marry.  No one knew what he looked like, he'd been travelling abroad since he was a boy.  Cynthia was engaged in total eavesdropping that she nearly missed a customer.


She didn't recognize this man but judging off of his garb, he was looking or a handout.  This one was handsome, she thought.

Cynthia and the rest of Dragon Valley folk didn't realize that this stranger was the Prince...duh.  Let's talk about him...


Handsome- check


Master romancer- check



Bit of a goofball- check


Master archer- double check.


The stranger spoke and she melted with the words, however, she did not let him know that.  "Who are you?"

"I'm the girl that sells the finest harvestables in Dragon Valley."  Are you here for the festival?"

"Of course.  I wanted to travel the festival grounds.  I haven't been here since I was a boy.  I have many memories of falling in the pond trying to catch the biggest fish."

"Well, welcome back.  Are you buying or here to waste my time?"

"Are you going to the ball?  I suppose I could talk to you more when you aren't selling the finest harvestables in DV."    

"Only if I clean to the liking of my family."   




No comments:

Post a Comment